Last updated 12/09/2019
(a) website including weedplaces.ca, and weedplaces.net and it’s social media pages; and
(b) any of the services, features, media, functions, content, tools, and links contained or offered in the Websites.
(i) sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided; or
(ii) by prominently posting a notice of the changes on those Websites.
2. Information We Collect And How We Use It
We collect certain types of information in order to better provide our Websites and Services to all of our users. The types of information we may collect, and how that information is used, depend on how you use our Websites and Services.
• Account Information: If you create an account on any of the Websites or Services (a “User Account”), you may submit your full name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, zip code, gender, a profile bio, and birth date. We use it to identify you as a user in our system based on a legitimate interest in providing, personalizing, and improving the Services for an optimal user experience.
• Public Content: All of the information that you post on the Websites or Services is intended for public consumption
• Communications: When you sign up for a User Account or use certain features, you may receive marketing, or administrative messaging from other WeedPlaces users, businesses, and WeedPlaces itself. You may also exchange messages with Weedplaces administrators, or other users.
• Transactional Information: If you initiate a transaction through any of our Websites or Services (the “Transactable Sites”), you may submit personal information such as your name, telephone number, billing address, shipping address, and e-mail address.
To most efficiently serve you when placing orders through our Transactable Sites, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third-party banking managers, processing agents, and distribution institutions. They receive only the information required to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order. You may submit your credit card information when you engage in a transaction on the WeedPlaces store. This information is encrypted using industry-standard technology, but use of your credit card information is governed by the Privacy Policies of PayPal, who helps process those transactions. For more information, see:
• Activity: We may collect information about you through your use of our Websites and Services, including geographic location, IP address, browser type, domain name, the website that led you to the Websites, the website to which you go after leaving the Websites, the dates and times you access the Websites, device ID, and activities within our Websites or Services (e.g., links you click, searches you run, the date and time of your visit or order, the businesses you call or e-mail using our mobile applications, and the purchases you make).
We do this to customize the advertising you view and to recommend content based on our legitimate interest in advertising our Websites and Services. We also do this to provide user base demographics to our listing providers in order to help connect you to those business and facilitate your transactions with them.
We may collect certain information with the help of cookies and other tracking mechanisms - see our Cookies section below.
“Do Not Track” requests
WeedPlaces may track its customers over time as they browse third-party sites, in order to provide intelligent, customized advertising, and currently does not recognize Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from web browsers, as the Internet industry is still working on DNT standards and solutions.
Also, third parties may collect your information when they serve you content on our site. This enables them to tailor the content that they present to you over time. Many web browsers allow you to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. Please review your web browser’s internet options for more details.
In addition to the above, we also collect and use information for the following purposes:
• To track usage of the Websites and Services
• To improve, upgrade, and enhance the Websites and Services, based on our legitimate interest in providing you and other users with an optimal user experience.
• We may share your personal information, including with third parties to help tailor your advertising experience.
• We may share your information with other third parties who perform services on our behalf.
• We may share your information with other third parties with whom we feel will benefit our service.
• We may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses, or to protect WeedPlaces, our Websites and Services, or any rights, property, or personal safety of WeedPlaces or others.
• Finally, in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred as a business asset.
• We may share your information with affiliates as described above for any purpose.
We use all types of cookies and other advertising identifiers (including mobile identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID) and similar technology (“Cookies”) in connection with your use of the Websites or Services. We also use third parties, like Google Analytics to help us process this information.
Cookies collect and transmit information about you, such as your use of the Websites or Services; your browser type, search preferences, IP address; and the date and time of your use. Cookies may have unique identifiers, and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in e-mails we send to you, and on our web pages.
4. Third Parties
Third parties may receive information about you:
• Advertisers: WeedPlaces may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you.We may also allow third-party Cookies to collect the same type of information for the same purposes that WeedPlaces does for itself.
• Service Providers: We may rely on third parties to provide some of the features and services that are available through the Websites or Services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing and promotional features, product listings, and brand management. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they may, for example, complete your requests.
• Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties such as advertisers, brand managers, and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on advertisements or certain products available in the Transactable Sites, or the general characteristics of such users. We attempt to anonymize this data wherever possible.
• Businesses on WeedPlaces: We may share information from or about you with third-party businesses listed on the Websites or Services.
Additionally, if you make a phone call to a business through or in connection with your use of the Websites or Services, we may share basic information about your call with the business that you contacted, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number (this same information would have been available to the business had you contacted them directly, and not through the Websites or Services).
• Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you to third parties like law enforcement if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (i) is reasonably necessary to comply with federal, state, or local legal process and legally binding law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (ii) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites or Services; or (iii) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, clients, partners, or the public.
5. Managing Your Information
You can manage your own information by updating your User Account directly or by submitting a Data Request to us pursuant to the section below. You are responsible for the information you provide to us, and you should maintain the accuracy of the personal information in your User Account so that we can best provide products and services to you.
If your personal information has been submitted to us by a third-party business using the Websites or Services as Customer Data and you wish to revise such data, please inquire with the relevant third-party business and submit a Data Request to us pursuant to the section below.
Please note that we take your privacy seriously.
If you submit multiple Data Requests and these Data Requests are excessive or manifestly unfounded, we will charge $50.00 to cover the administrative costs involved in dealing with each Data Request. In extreme circumstances, we reserve the right to refuse your Data Requests if they are excessive or manifestly unfounded.
We will attempt to respond to proper and confirmed Data Requests within thirty (30) days, or as otherwise required by applicable law. If you are not satisfied with the way your Data Request was handled, you may refer your Data Request to your country’s data protection authority.
Your Right To Cancel Or Modify Marketing Communications
You have the right to cancel or modify the e-mail marketing communications you receive from us. You can exercise this right by following the instructions contained within our promotional e-mails or, in some cases, by logging into your User Account and changing your communication preferences. Please note that this will not affect subsequent or different subscriptions - if your opt-out preferences are limited to certain types of e-mails, the opt-out will also be limited as such.
While you can manage some of your e-mail preferences, please note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Weedmaps which we may send in the course of legitimate business if you are signed up for a User Account and/or use certain features. However, such announcements can be terminated by asking us to close your User Account.
6. Contact Information for submitting a Data Request
7. Minors Using The Websites Or Services
The Websites and Services are intended for adults only and require that users be over the age of eighteen (18). Please note that certain Websites and Services require you to be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to access and use such Websites and Services. Please check the applicable terms and conditions for such Websites and Services for further information. Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) (or twenty-one (21) for applicable Websites and Services) are prohibited from creating a User Account and profile, accessing the Websites or Services, and/or ordering products on the Transactable Sites. If you become aware that an underage user has created a User Account using false, stolen, or otherwise misleading information, please contact us immediately.
8. WeedPlaces is not responsible for the actions or activities of unauthorized third parties who compromise our security measures, and so we cannot be responsible for such unauthorized party’s access, acquisition, or distribution of your personal information. If you believe your personal information has been compromised, we encourage you to notify us immediately using the contact information above. Please note that we retain some personal information about you in accordance with our record retention policies, as required by law, or as required for the achievement of the purposes of the processing as mentioned above (e.g., to enforce any agreements or provide a product/service).
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account, password, and computer. Be sure to sign off of your account when finished, especially if you are using a shared computer.
9. International Data Transfer
We share information globally, both internally within WeedPlaces and externally with our partners around the world. If you are located outside of Canada, please be aware that information we collect, including your personal information, may be transferred to, and processed, stored, and used in Canada and other countries. This transfer is necessary to provide our Websites and Services.